Adobe InDesign is a robust and easy-to-use design and layout program. With it, you can create documents of many types, from single-page advertisements to complex multi-page color publications. You will create text frames and also use master pages and guides to design a document's layout. You will wrap text around graphics, apply transparency effects to graphics, and create sophisticated tables. You will also prepare documents for handoff to commercial printers and create Acrobat PDF files.
This course is intended for students who want to explore the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe® InDesign® CS6 to create and deliver professional-looking printed and digital documents.
This course is intended for students who want to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layout and designs.
Getting Started with InDesign
- Identify components of the InDesign interface
- Customizing the InDesign interface
- Using the navigation controls
- Setting preferences
Designing a Document
- Creating a new document
- Adding text to a document
- Adding graphics to a document
Customizing a Document
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Applying colors, swatches, and gradients
- Creating and applying styles
Working with Page Elements
- Arranging and align objects
- Using layers
- Transforming and manipulating objects
- Threading text frames
- Editing text
- Creating a new table
- Modifying a table structure
- Formatting a table
Preparing a Document for Delivery
- Resolving errors in a document
- Printing a document
- Packaging a document
- Exporting files for printing
- Exporting files for the Web