Photoshop is traditionally taught by examining the tools, features, and capabilities one at a time. Classes and manuals are full of valuable information. What’s missing is an exploration of the workflow and best practices; that is: putting it all together to achieve a project goal.
Photoshop Project: Website Mock-up is a holistic approach to learning Photoshop. Yes, you will examine many tools, features, and capabilities but you will examine them in the process of completing a project: from a blank canvas to wireframe and finally to a pixel-perfect website mockup. You will explore how to easily create alternate mock-ups for presenting design options and how to optimize images directly from your file using slices. In addition, this project-based class will examine a best-practices workflow--so you learn the application the way experienced practitioners actually use the application
The workshop is appropriate for beginning and intermediate level Photoshop users.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand everything you need to know to create a website mock-up.
You should have at least a beginning knowledge of Photoshop.
Setting Photoshop Preferences for a Web Mock-up
- Understanding the RGB color space
- Exploring the Color Picker
- Creating a color palette
Creating a Wireframe for an App
Understanding and Using the Layer’s Panel
Using Adjustment Layers for Better Looking Photos
- Raster vs. vector graphics
- File formats for the web
- Best methods for saving images for web use
Understanding the Ever-changing World of Web Typography
Exploring the Power of Smart Objects
Building a Pixel-perfect Comp
- Setting up grids and guides
- Importing a color palette
- Using gradient fills
- Understanding character and paragraph formatting
- Understanding how to create and use character and paragraph styles
- Creating masks for creative effects
- Placing and using raster and vector smart objects
- Creating, saving, and appling layer styles
- Understanding the shape tool
- Creating and applying layer comps
Slices, Selections, and Sprites
- Understanding, creating, and optimizing slices
- Exploring the many selection tools
- Understanding and using image sprites