Social media expert Martin Brossman will show the organizationally designated "web developer" how WordPress can be used to establish a dynamic web presence that is professional and produces results. If you've been tasked by your organization to create a user-friendly, attention grabbing website, then this seminar is for you. This seminar will also show you how to optimize your WordPress website so that it is easily found by business clients using web searches.
This course is for anyone needing to quickly set up a professional, working website. You will learn to use WordPress to create a Website that will more than satisfy the online needs of both your organization and your customers.
Upon completion of this course, you will know how to use WordPress to create a website that will more than satisfy the online needs of both your organization and your customers.
Understanding and Setting Up a Website
- The benefits of a WordPress-based website
- Understanding a blog’s purpose and use
- Choosing and buying a website name
- Understanding search engine optimization (SEO)
- Choosing a web host
- Setting up the WordPress software using the 1-Click Process
Using and Editing Your Website and Blog Widgets
- Understanding the dashboard
- Using themes to customize your website and blog
- Building the static home page and setting up the blog
- Adding, scheduling, and publishing content
- Adding audio, video, and pictures to pages and blog posts
- Using plug-ins and widgets to add functions and interactivity for your site visitors
Attracting and Keeping the Right Customers
- How to market your website
- Interfacing with social media sites
- Methods of generating on-going relevant content
- Future expansion of your website