This class will introduce the concept of web server fundamentals, design, and usability. Several types of cases will be used in this class to provide a real-world approach.
This class is designed for people who are interested in the Webmaster Certificate Program for Developers. You will learn some of the basics on the web design side that are important to any website.
XHTML Levels 1 and 2, as well as Web Design Level 1 or equivalent knowledge.
Basic Web Concepts
- What is the Web?
- Domain names, URL, TCP/IP
- Getting your site live on the Web
Web Server Hardware and Software
- Web server basics
- Software for Web servers
- Web server hardware
Most Popular Web Servers
- Three popular Web servers
- Microsoft Internet information server
- Apache HTTP server
- Configuring Microsoft Internet information server
- Configuring apache HTTP server
Database-Driven Web Servers
- Introduction to Web server database
- Using client-side scripts to enhance Web applications
- Example processing ASP.NET Web forms and working with server controls
- What is usability?
- Principles of website usability
- Common website usability errors
- What is accessibility?
- Who is helped by accessibility?
- Federal law
- Web content accessibility guidelines
- Check points
- North Carolina policy
- North Carolina policy vs. WCAG
- Accessibility tools
Introduction to Electronic Commerce
- Selling on the Web: revenue models
- International, legal, and ethical Issues
- Electronic commerce software and security