Official Program Description
This course will instruct you on the basics of preparing website graphics. Editing and preparing images from digital cameras, scanners, stock photography, clip art, etc. for use on the web presents different challenges than preparing images for printed material. In this course, you will learn to use Photoshop to clean up images (improve their looks) and edit their resolution/compression (improve their download time).
Who Should Attend
This course is geared toward anyone who wants to work with website graphics.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand resolution and you will know how to design a screen using color settings. You will know the difference between vector and raster graphics. You will also know how to organize and develop a layout in Photoshop.
XHTML/HTML Levels 1 and 2 and experience with Adobe Photoshop are recommended.
Attend and You Will Learn
Creating a Website Mockup in Adobe Photoshop
Optimizing Web Graphics
- Understanding jpg and png file formats
- Exploring the Save for Web window
Designing for Screens
- Understanding web color
- Creating custom color palettes
- Applying color to shapes and graphics
The Power of Layers
- Understanding the layers panel
- Understanding layer styles
Vector vs. Raster Graphics
- Working with vector shapes vs. pixel shapes
- Working with smart objects
Organizing and Developing a Layout in Photoshop
- Creating wireframes
- Page structure
- Working with master elements
- Using guides and rulers
- Using a grid system
- Creating a layout with shape layers
- Adjusting your layout to pixel-perfection
- Understanding how to use layer comps
Working with Text
- Using paragraph text vs. point text
- Understanding web safe fonts
- What makes a font easy to read on screens
- Creating placeholder text
- Creating character and paragraph styles
Understanding, Creating, and Using Image Sprites
Integrating Photoshop Files with Dreamweaver
Thank you for your interest in this course. Unfortunately, the course you have selected is currently not open for enrollment. Please complete a
so that we may promptly notify you when enrollment opens.